Photos, Links, Contemplations and Fascinations
A blog suitable for "ADD" challenged surfers (like myself) who must be able to read a post within 2 minutes or less

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A small piece of heaven

As a Virginia Tech graduate, from the Engineering Science and Mechanics department (Norris Hall), I feel very saddened by the events on my birthday. Yes, that's right. April 16th also happens to be my birthday. Every time my birthday comes around, I will always remember Virginia Tech. But I won't remember it the way that a 23 year old deranged kid wanted us to remember. No, I choose to remember VT as a peaceful, beautiful place, nestled in the mountains near the New River. A place where people can come from all walks of life and all nations to learn, grow and expand in peace and harmony. I choose to remember the water falls nearby, the peaceful quiet town, and the place that gave me a chance for opportunities and growth in life. I choose to gratefully and thankfully remember the faculty and staff in the ESM department at Norris hall and the place that Blacksburg really is. A small piece of heaven.

2 Comments:

Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

It's good to "hear" from you!

Happy belated Birthday!

What a beautiful place it must be.

What wonderful people they have given us!

later...

9:42 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Jak:

I hope that everything is going well. I didn't know that you were a VA Tech grad. I grew up there and moved out in about 1984 when I went to school to Ohio U. It is amazing how people in the media say stupid things about Tech. My favorite is that they should have locked down the campus. I still don't know how to lock down 100+ buildings.

Geoff Wieczynski

4:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home